Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cake Boss?


I love the show Cake Boss on TLC! What Buddy and his crew are able to create truly is awe inspiring.

My 8 year old daughter and two of her friends and I decided to make a 3-D Teddy Bear cake from scratch. With all the ingredients in hand, we started at 10:30 this morning. We finished at 5:30 pm. I totally underestimated the time and patience it took to create this cake. While I was cutting the center and "gluing" the two halves together with homemade butter cream and then rolling out and molding the fondant, I was channeling Buddy. It helped. I tried to use techniques I've observed while watching the show.

Considering we are novices, I think it came out pretty well. Delicious I know it will be.

Thanks to Buddy and the Cake Boss crew for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment